Prim Goods- All Natural Beauty Product with a Story



"..and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."
-Isaiah 61:3

Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner
Prim goods Hand and Body Lotion-Restore



I am so honored to be able to tell you about an amazing product that is being made in my home-state of Missouri!  When the MO Women Bloggers announced they were looking for testers for this beauty product, I was so excited to participate!  Let me tell you why.  (I was given free samples of Prim Goods to try out and to review. All opinions are my own)

When I started thinking about this product, the thought that the Lord brought to mind was, "Beauty from Ashes".   The verse I quoted above,  from Isaiah 61:3, speaks of the Lord turning our sorrows into something beautiful.  Bringing us out of the ashes and giving us a crown of beauty.  I bet you are wondering, "How in the world does this product relate to a bible verse!"  Let me explain...

Did you notice the tag line in their logo?  "Made better by our story."  Well, the reason they use that tag line, is because all the products you see in this post, and all the many more products Prim Goods makes, has a story behind it.  Sadly, the story is one that many of us might not want to hear.  Stories of drug addiction, alcohol addiction...even prison.  Yes, all of the women who labor to make these wonderful lotions and soaps, have been down to the ashes.  They hit rock bottom, and when they did, a place called Primrose Hill was there to take them in and transform them into women who are wearing a crown of beauty, the oil of joy and a garment of praise, instead of despair. 


Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner

All the products are made at Primrose Hill, which is a 12-month, residential recovery center for women and women with young children.  The women who live at this facility all have drug and alcohol addictions.  While at the facility the women learn life skills, social skills, parenting skills, work skills, discipleship and take GED classes.  One of the best parts of Primrose Hill, is that they are one of only a few centers where they allow the children to stay with their mother during their recover.  

Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner

THE PRODUCTS: 
How wonderful to know that if you purchase a Prim Goods product, that your money is going to such a great cause!  Let me share with you my experience with this product, and why I am telling all my friends and family about it. 
Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner

I received five products to review.  The hand and body soap, hand and body lotion, lip balm, a scrub and a beautiful bar of soap

Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner

The number one reason I love this product is because there are no harmful chemicals to worry about.  My children could use all of the products mentioned, even the scrub.  


Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner

The Hand and Body Soap, along with the other products, come in many different scents: Restore, Baby's Breath, Freedom, Honey Bunch, Primrose, and Sweet Dreams.  To show you the awesome ingredients in this product, check out the photo below. 

Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner


Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner

Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner



http://www.primgoods.com/product-category/soap/bar-soap/

I'm just totally in love with how beautiful this bar of soap is.  You have to go to their website to check out all the other beautiful colors.  They would make such beautiful gifts this Mother's Day.  Also, it smells SO good.  I just had it sitting in my bedroom at one point, and when I walked by I could actually smell it.  I'm sensitive to smells, and this is just a light smell of freshness.  It actually was hard for me to watch my little one use it, because it is just so pretty.  I imagine this bar will last us a while. Check out the size of that thing!

Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner
Ingredients in bar soap.
Also, if you have sensitivities to dyes, no worries.  Prim Goods offers fragrance-free products as well.

Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner

By far my favorite product I tested was the Sweet Dreams Scrub.  I keep it in my shower and use it every few days.  Check out what Prim goods says about this scrub. 

With the scent of freshly cut lavender, this scent provides soothing aromatic benefits to calm and provide relief from stress.
Psalm 127:2 – “He gives his beloved sleep.”
Ingredients: White sugar, brown sugar, sunflower oil, olive oil, and fragrance oil
Apply a small amount of scrub to wet skin using circular motion. Wash off with warm water.

Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner


Prim Goods Product Review by Gina's Craft Corner


I hope that you are as excited about this product as I am.  I just want to say, "Thank you!", to all the lovely ladies at Primrose Hill who are working hard to change their lives, the lives of their children, and the lives of others, by using their hands to make a product that is SO wonderful for our bodies. 
IMPORTANT LINKS
WHERE TO BUY 

You can purchase Prim Goods products online or in local shops in mid-Missouri. 

Artisans (Moberly, MO)
Hockman Interiors (Columbia, MO)
Sam’s Health Mart (Moberly, MO)
Kribbs Pharmacy (Moberly, MO)
Central Christian College of the Bible (Moberly, MO)
Thanks for stopping by today!



I will be linking up this post at some of THESE great link parties!

Comments

Popular Posts