Christmas PJ's for 18" Doll-Upcycled Material

My mom visited me recently and with her she brought me some very used PJ pants that used to belong to my dad.  I meant to take a picture of them before I cut them up!  The material was still in pretty good shape so I decided to try to use my first doll pattern to make some PJ's.

18" Doll PJ's
The pattern I chose was  McCall's- M5019.  I started this pattern a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason it has just been sitting on my sewing table for 2 weeks!  It was a really easy pattern, so I don't know what my problem was.  I was a little confused at the very beginning with how they wanted me to do the back, but I just finally did what seemed to make sense to me and that worked.

For the top I just used a strip of Velcro.

The pants have an elastic waist, but that was the hardest part.  I have always heard PJ pants are such an easy sew and now I know for myself that this is SO true. 

These PJ's would be pretty boring without all that sweet trim.  It just makes the outfit.  I like the added touch of the pocket too. 

18" Doll PJ's

Now, of course, my other daughter wants these PJ's for her doll AND matching PJ's for Christmas.  I agree that these would make cute Christmas PJ's for my girls so I guess it is back to the fabric store to find some fabric.   :)

Thanks for stopping by!  I am learning to sew one pattern at a time and I would love to have you come along on this journey with me!  If you are learning how to sew too, please leave me a comment and let me know what you are working on.  :)

This creation was featured at....
 button 2
***********************************************************************************
7 DAY LEFT TO ENTER THE  AMERICAN GIRL DOLL GIVEAWAY!!!!!!
Even if you have already entered you can still earn more entries by sharing on facebook and twitter!  Click HERE to enter and good luck!

Comments

Popular Posts