More Fusing of Plastic Bags



My blog has gotten a lot of hits today from people looking at my Patriotic Bag Made from Fused Plastic.  So, I thought people might be interested in a project I was working on a few weeks ago.  My goal was to have a finished piece of fused plastic that contained a word, or a phrase.  I have been trying to save bags that have cute pictures or lettering.  This bag came from our local library.  Isn't it cute?  So many possibilities here!


I wanted to start with a white background, so I fused together 6-8 pieces of white bags.  I cut away any lettering.  If you have not read my previous post on fusing plastic then I suggest you click here so that you can read through the steps I follow.


I decided I had the letters to write 'ONE LORD'.  Simply place the plastic letters down on your background fabric, cover with a sheet of parchment paper and then press.  


I cut out the butterflies and added them too.

 This one is all ready to sew on.  


Next, I wanted to make one with a yellow background.  Once I had my fused yellow background, I began cutting letters out of my Goodwill bag and ironed them into place.  (Make sure you always place the parchment paper on top of the plastic before ironing)

I added the cute little 'G' with a smile and I also added a red strip to the side to add another layer of color.  I like it.  :)


I do want to mention one other piece of fused plastic I did that day.  I do not shop at Target too much, so I had to beg people for the 3 bags I used for this project.  


 I read that some people use a sheet instead of parchment paper.  I did not like it as much.  I did want to give it a try.

It just did not seem to fuse as evenly.  I will be sticking with the parchment paper.

I ended up using this piece of fused plastic in my Macbook Sleeve.

*NOTE:  If you do decide to try this project, a lot of people recommend that you do this in a well ventilated area.  For me, I just open the window or do it in the garage with the door open.  

I hope you enjoyed this post!  Thanks for stopping by!

 *********************************************************************************
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more, I would love it if you would follow along with any of the purple links on the right sidebar.  If you do, please leave a comment below and I would be more than happy to follow you back! Better yet, why not subscribe to my blog by e-mail and you will be sure to never miss a post. 

Blessings,
~Gina

Comments

Popular Posts